Operating Systems Notes and Materials Free Download
Operating Systems Notes and Materials Free Download. Operating Systems is one of the famous subject for Engineering Students. This Notes will useful to most of the students who were prepared for competitive Exams. Operating Systems Notes also useful to students who were prepared for competitive exams. The category of this Operating Systems notes is Computer Science (CSE) Engineering Branch. Note that these notes will available in Pdf Format only.
Click Here to Download (Link-1)
Click here to Download (Link-2)
Operating Systems Notes and Materials Free download
Brief Notes about Operating Systems
There are Three views of an operating systems
- Application View: what services does it provide?
- System View: what problems does it solve?
- Implementation View: how is it built?
Application View of an Operating Systems
The OS provides an execution environment for running programs.
– The execution environment provides a program with the processor time and memory space that it needs to run.
– The execution environment provides interfaces through which a program can use networks, storage, I/O devices, and other system hardware components. Interfaces provide a simplified, abstract view of hardware to application programs. Operating Systems Notes and Materials Free Download.
– The execution environment isolates running programs from one another and prevents undesirable interactions among them.
System View of an Operating Systems
The OS manages the hardware resources of a computer system.
• Resources include processors, memory, disks and other storage devices, network interfaces, I/O devices such as keyboards, mice and monitors, and so on. Download Free Notes and Materials of an Operating Systems.
• The operating system allocates resources among running programs. It controls the sharing of resources among programs.
• The Operating System itself also uses resources, which it must share with application programs.
Implementation View of an Operating Systems
The Operating system is a concurrent, real-time program.
• Concurrency arises naturally in an OS when it supports concurrent applications, and because it must interact directly with the hardware.
• Hardware interactions also impose timing constraints.
Operating Systems Notes pdf Free Download, Operating Systems notes free download, materials free download.